Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Who Runs Niagara County Consevatives

PRESS RELEASE
February 28, 2012
Carl Paladino
 
I was shocked to read the statement yesterday by Niagara County Conservative Party Chairman Dan Weiss that amounted to a personal attack on Erie County Conservative Party Chairman Ralph Lorigo. Weiss' accusation that Ralph abandoned true conservative principles is a despicable lie. It appears that Weiss was the messenger for the


treacherous Dean Skelos and Al D’Amato and their cohorts who are desperately trying to salvage Mark Grisanti after he sold his integrity and character to boost Andrew Cuomo.  They have no right to slander the good name of a true conservative leader doing what they don’t have the guts to do.
 
During my 2010 run for governor, Ralph taught all of us about true commitment to conservative values. My campaign was a stark contrast to my liberal primary opponent. Ralph stood steadfast in my corner enduring a blizzard of criticism and pressure to back the less conservative candidates. Oftentimes, I was awed by how he defended me on the basis of principle, not politics. An unprincipled man would have retreated. Ralph stood strong. As a result, the Conservative Party moved up to the C line on the ballot and was truly reinvigorated.
 
At the same time Weiss, Skelos and D’Amato cowered behind Rick Lazio. If the Conservative Party rank-and-file had abandoned their principles like those Cretans the Party would not exist today.
 
Weiss' cynical statement was about politics not Party, driven by puppeteers not principles. I stand behind Ralph Lorigo like he stood behind me in 2010: on shared values, with an eye toward advancing the Conservative Party into the future.